The International Law Division is designated as the Registry of Treaties under the Treaty Making and Ratification Act. The division renders legal advice on all on international and regional law matters to Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
The division is tasked with diverse range of matters including but not limited to:
- Treaty Making and Implementation
- International trade and Investment law
- International humanitarian law
- International dispute settlement
- International environmental law
- Intellectual property law
- Aviation matters
- International Judicial cooperation arrangements
- Law of the sea and maritime matters
- Law relating to the United Nations and other International and Regional bodies.
- Security Matters